Documents required for the Transfer of Power Plants to New Operators (upon commencement of operations)
Documents required for the transfer of RES power plants to other legal or natural persons (holding a different VAT Registration No.) upon commencement of operations:
1. Interested parties shall first file an application to the competent HEDNO Regional Department (for up to 100 kW PV stations) or HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department (for all other stations) requesting amendment of the Network Connection Agreement. They must then file similar application to HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department requesting amendment of the Electric Power Sale Agreement. Applications shall include the following documents:
- Case no. 1 The power plant operator is the owner of the plot:
Original or certified copy of the notarial act for transfer of the plot, including the new registration certificate.
For plots covered by the land registry, a registrable deed entry certificate and the cadastral sheet.
- Case no. 2 The power plant operator leases the plot:
Original or certified copy of the new operator private lease agreement (with a 25-year minimum duration), including a copy of the property lease information statement obtained by the Ministry of Finance website.
Original or copy of the private agreement (certified by D.O.Y. and including the relevant certified copy of invoice) or original or certified copy of the notarial act for transfer of the existing plant equipment-fixed assets as well as the operation rights and licenses (RAE Exemption Decision etc.) of the plant.
- For initial beneficiary and new operator legalization documents, please refer to List of Documents Required for Business Legalization.
- L. 1599/86 solemn declaration where the legal representative of the new operator declares that all information submitted to HEDNO is true and accurate and has not been modified.
Following check of submitted documentation by the competent HEDNO Department, a Trilateral Agreement (Producer, Assignee, HEDNO) for amendment of the Network Connection Agreement will be signed. This will be followed by a similar procedure for conclusion of the amendment of the Electric Power Sale Agreement at HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department.
2. Finally, upon completion of the procedure for the transfer of the station and conclusion of the amendment of the Electric Power Sale Agreement, interested parties -as new operators of the existing power plant self-consumption supply- are required to immediately inform the Supplier who represents them as consumers (in line with the Supplier’s guidelines found on our website), who will then proceed with updating HEDNO’s computer system with all necessary changes.