Applications for other RES & CHP stations
Applications for connection offers to RES stations of all technologies except PV and CHP ones, which are exempted from licensing under L.3468/2006 as amended, shall be submitted to the Department of Network Users, 24, Syngrou Av., 117 42 Athens.
The form of the Annex to MD 13310/2007 shall be submitted with the following documents attached thereto:
1. Supporting documents for the applicant
For SAs and EPEs
1) A certified copy of the statute and, in the case of amendments, of the consolidated statute.
2) The GG where the company’s incorporation is published. In cases of incorporation after 1.1.2015, the relevant communication from GEMH shall be produced.
3) The GG where the statute amendments, if any, are published. In cases of amendments after 1.1.2015, the relevant communication from GEMH shall be produced.
4) The GG where the election of the members of the last BoD and the details of the company’s representative/administrator are published. For cases after 1.1.2015, the relevant communication from GEMH shall be produced.
5) A GEMH’s certificate concerning the statute’s amendments.
For GPs, LPs, P.C.Cs.
1) A certified copy of the statute and, in the case of amendments, of the consolidated statute.
2) A GEMH’s certificate concerning the statute’s amendments.
In the case of self-employed (natural persons)
TIN and Tax Office of the applicant.
2. Supporting documents for the installation site
Station to be installed in a private area by the owner of said land:
1) The ownership proof (the plot purchase notarial deed and the certificate of registering with the land registry) or a copy of cadastral extract in the case of a cadastral office in operation
A notarized preliminary agreement of purchase from the owner directly to the station operator is also accepted.
Station to be installed in a private area by a third person other than the owner:
1) The legal possession proof (a private long-term lease agreement and the certification of e-submission to the Tax Office) or the notarized lease deed and the certificate of registering with the Land Registry.
A notarized preliminary agreement of lease from the owner directly to the station operator is also accepted.
2) the lessor's ownership proof and the certificate of its registering with the land registry or a copy of cadastral abstract if a cadastral office is in operation
Station to be installed in public woodland:
- The application filed with the authority responsible for issuing the designation act, or
- The application filed for issuing an AEC (Approval of Environmental Conditions) or SEC (Standard Environmental Commitments) decision.
Station to be installed in a municipal area:
- The application filed with the body responsible for issuing the act of concession (in the case of lease, the aforementioned conditions relating to legal possession apply).
3. Topographic diagram from a 1: 5000 H.M.G.S. plate and topographic diagram 1: 500 with the station setup position, with the original stamp and signature of an appropriately qualified engineer (surveyor or civil engineer) thereon, on which the station coordinates according to HGRS '87 shall appear (polygon vertices).
4. Technical data and certifications of equipment i.e. full description of generators, inverters, power converters with the relevant documentation of the equipment manufacturer.
5. Details of the step-up transformer
6. Single line design for the station connection, with the original stamp and signature of an appropriately qualified engineer (electrical or mechanical engineer).
7. Technical description of the overall electrical installation (LV and/or MV) and the LV/MV step-up substation in the station setup site.
8. An original solemn declaration of L.1599/86, duly certified as regards the signature authenticity, in which the applicant shall declare:
a) that the station is subject to AEC or SEC decision process or that it is exempted from the AEC decision process pursuant to art. 8 para.13 of L.3468/2006, as applicable.
b) the power generation class of the station according to energy pricing table of subpara. ΙΓ.5 of L.4254/2014.
c) the raw material used (for biomass and biogas plants) and the process of treatment (combustion, anaerobic digestion, gasification, etc).
d) that the station is not subject to the provisions of art. 34 para. 6 of L.4342/2015.
e) that all the information set out in its application is true.
Clarifications on the procedure
1. Presentation of the aforementioned documents is mandatory. The documents shall be submitted in triplicate. Where no certified copy is indicated, a simple copy (photocopy) is suggested. In the case of submission of an incomplete dossier, the request will not be accepted.
2. It is permitted to install one station per technology, per independent property (independent properties are considered the plots of land for which a separate ownership deed is produced or that are referred to as such in the same deed and are not derived from fragmentation via lease or sale of individual sections carried out after the L.3468/2006 has entered into force).
Multiple applications in adjacent properties submitted in the form of apparently similar or interchangeable partnerships with fragmentation of the total capacity in individual stations are not accepted. Individual applications for neighbouring properties of different ownership will be accepted, subject to verification of non relation of the applicants during the Connection Offer issuance procedure
3. Changes in a current application, on the condition of notifying in writing and submitting the items to be changed, are accepted in the following cases:
• change of the applicant’s name under the conditions of Art. 2 para. 12 of L.3851/2010
• reduction of the station power, provided that the new reduced power station is connected to the same voltage level as that of the initial application
• change of the type and/or the manufacturer of the equipment without any other impact on the contribution to short-circuit capacity
• change of the raw material used and/or processing method (for biomass/biogas plants), on the condition of no station technology change
4. Changes such as those referred to below are equivalent to a new request (submission of new application with the relevant supporting documents):
• increase in the filed request power
• reduction of the filed request power, which involves changing the connection voltage level
• change of the installation locatio
• change of the station technology
5. According to Table A of L.4254/2014 subpara. IΓ.5, biomass (or bioliquid) stations mean plants using a thermal process as processing method, i.e. combustion, gasification or pyrolysis (categories 11, 12, 13 of the table A) and biogas stations mean plants using the anaerobic digestion as processing method (categories 16, 17 of table Α).
6. Self-production stations are subject to the connection procedure referred to in L.3468/2006 as in force (submission of connection application, issue of connection offer, signing of connection contract, etc.), regardless of excess energy presence and possible diversion thereof to the grid or not.
Installing a self-contained station in a non-electrified area (e.g. a building in non-electrified plot, sheep shed, fishfarm, etc.) remote from the network is allowed. Installing a “self-contained” station of any technology in an electrified area is not allowed, given that it will be in parallel operation with the network. Any cases of load separation of the interior installation and supply thereof with renewable energy (e.g. PV system connected to outdoor lighting not supplied by the internal electrical installation of the user) are not considered as self-contained facilities.
Applications for licensable stations of any RES technology and CHP, up to 8 MW capacity, shall be submitted to the Department of Network Users, 24, Syngrou Av. 117 42 ATHENS, all the documents provided for in Article 4 of MD 13310/2007 (GG B 1153 /11.07.2007) being attached thereto.
1. RES stations of up to 100 kW shall be connected to LV network, while such stations of more than 100 kW shall be connected to MV network.
2. The LV/MV transformer details relate to stations connected to the MV network and shall include at least the following: rated capacity, windings wiring, primary and secondary rated voltage, short circuit voltage, neutral node grounding device.
3. The single line electrical connection design of the station shall show in detail the important equipment of the plant, the production units with distinct numbering, the step-up transformers, the compensation devices and the disconnection and protection means.
4. The technical description of the overall electrical installation (LV and/or MV) and the LV/MV step-up substation in the station setup site shall make reference to the equipment to be installed (types of cables, wiring, grounding, protection devices, turbine features and components, location of the installations on the topographic diagram).
5. Filling in the capacity requested in the form of Annex to MD 13310/2007:
Α. In the case of biomass, biogas or CHP plant connected to the network either directly (without power converter) or via a power converter, as capacity requested in the form of the Annex to MD 13310/2007 shall be filled in the Prime Power (PRP) figure, or alternatively the Continuous Power (COP) figure in accordance with ISO 8528-1: 2005, as resulting from a relevant manufacturer's document (for example, the technical manual, a relevant certificate, etc.).
If the manufacturer’s documents produced do not refer to the certified rated output figures according to ISO 8528-1, then as requested capacity shall be filled in the rated power of the driving engine Pm (in kW), as resulting from a relevant manufacturer's document (for example, technical manual, a relevant certificate, etc.). In this case, generators of an apparent nominal power (in kVA) up to Pm/0,8 will be accepted with a tolerance of up to +10%.
Any loads required for preparing the raw material can be separately supplied. In this case, these loads are not included in the requested capacity.
On the contrary, in cases where the loads required for preparing the raw material are to be supplied by the station generator, it is not allowed to remove the power of these loads from the sum of the nominal power values of the power plant units in determining the capacity requested. If the aforementioned sum exceeds 1MW, the application shall be accompanied by a Production License issued by RAE.
Β. In the case of hydroelectric power station, as requested capacity shall be filled in the mechanical turbine power (in kW) according to the solemn declaration of the designer engineer. Regarding the generator, the conditions referred to in paragraph 5A above apply, i.e generators of an apparent nominal power (in kVA) up to Pm/0,8 will be accepted with a tolerance of up to +10%.
Γ. All stations with generators, regardless of technology, shall ensure that the generator may operate under the requested output power with power factor over the whole range between 0.95 inductive to 0.95 capacitive.
6. Stations connected in parallel with the network are not allowed to use batteries as not provided for in the current legislative framework.